June 8, 2011

Time travel: The Crêpe I made in Boracay Island

 
I nearly forgot the name of the french restaurant I've visited back in 2009 somewhere along the beach front of Boracay Island. Prior to this, I have to search on-line, typed in "Crepe at boracay" knowing it serves crepes.
And so I remember Ti Braz, thanks to Google search engine for reminding me of my failing memory. I was actually there to pay my friend a visit, not to eat. Its not the usual food that could satisfy my hungry stomach and its not even the kind of place I'll hang out at.
The demonstration of this and that
Can I write something like "when the cat is away, the mouse will play"? I wrote it anyway.

Since her boss was out during my visit, no one reminded us that visitors are not allowed during working hours. There goes my friend, a very typical employee together with her very typical friend (that's me tolerated her).  Why so typical? A lot of employees are halfhearted nowadays, they only do good at work when someone is supervising. When there is none, they forget rules. "That is a typical employee is all about and a typical friend says this-->" Good thing I'm just a friend trying to have fun--I'm a little conscience free.

So....as I was really tempted to help her because she seemed to be having fun while working, she allowed me to enter to their "employee only" zone. She taught me and had given me one good chance to make my own yummy crepe free of charge *wink-wink*. Such a perfect treat, isn't it? :)
This is not my ordinary Pancake
Mango Crêpe with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce on Top
 I made one for myself (with a lot of help of course, my friend did the final touch) I only had the crepe done by spreading the prepared mixture onto a flat circular hot plate using a spatula. The making wasn't easy, I think it requires experience and skills (a lot of it) The idea is to distribute the mixture evenly until a very thin cake is achieve without tearing them off. The one I made wasn't perfect, what do you expect for a first timer?!? (now I'm being defensive for not making it right).

More than having a free mango crepe? It was really the the preparation that made it special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Born to Rant

happy (34) Med life (29) hope (29) struggle (25) realization (24) bored (23) love (21) relationship (20) sad (20) friends (19) hate (19) pain (18) disappointment (17) pregnant (17) baby (16) empty (16) choice (15) lost (15) moving on (15) home (14) searching (14) plan (12) family (11) fear (11) fraternity (10) letter (10) tired (10) writing (10) Confuse (9) Failure (9) bum (9) freedom (9) frustration (9) missing you (9) work (9) blog (8) funny (8) letting go (8) prayer (8) time travel (8) travel (8) drawing (7) facebook (7) responsibility (7) silence (7) trust (7) unfaithful (7) Memory (6) Rain (6) belief (6) distracted (6) expectations (6) medicine (6) Lazy (5) Regret (5) U.P. Miag-ao (5) acceptance (5) becoming a doctor (5) crazy (5) food (5) Aklan (4) MD Mom (4) TOP TEN THINGS (4) alone (4) break-ups (4) destiny (4) misunderstood (4) success (4) truth (4) unfair (4) Gossip (3) birthday (3) coffee (3) dream (3) dreams (3) envy (3) mad (3) personality (3) pretend (3) promises (3) puzzle (3) regrets (3) 100 days to heaven (2) affair (2) annoyed (2) anotherday (2) christmas (2) contentment (2) death (2) forgiveness (2) friends zone (2) guilt (2) insomnia (2) laughter (2) lover (2) numb (2) phone calls (2) poem (2) positive (2) pursue (2) rant (2) Father's day (1) Leech (1) Mother (1) Vigan City (1) Working mom (1) age (1) breakfast (1) clerkship (1) color (1) driver (1) emoticon (1) friends with benefit (1) graduation (1) lesson (1) lie (1) make-up (1) monday madness (1) mondaymadness (1) monthsary (1) new year (1) office (1) pictorial (1) poker face (1) poor service (1) pressure (1) prophecy (1) puting elepante (1) rejection (1) ring (1) rubix cube (1) sacrifice (1) shopping (1) stay-at-home-mom (1) studio (1) summer (1) thanks (1) tide wave (1) yosi (1)