May 1, 2011

I said I'm 26, they said I'm 25


I honestly thought I am 26 years old already!


I was with my mother earlier today when someone asked her of my age and she replied “ She's 25 years old”. She confused me because I’ve been telling and insisting people I’m 26. Almost two weeks ago, when I was confined to the hospital I told the man on admission record that there might be an error with their system in recording age. They may look so precise in recording my age as "25Y2M5D" but I insisted that I am a year older than stated. No one disagreed so I thought I was right. 


But then I was bothered that everyone’s reaction seems to agree with me even they actually don’t.


So here are the top three things I did to confirm my age.


  • First, I grabbed a pen and a piece of paper then listed February 1986, February 1987, February 1988 down to February 2011. I counted each year and the last on the list is the 25th year. I counted over and over but the count doesn’t change except if I count the year 1986 as year one but everyone knows I celebrated my 1st birthday on February 1987.

  • Second, I searched my own archive. I posted on February 10, 2010 “Today is my 24th birthday…", which only means I’m 25 this year. Now I wonder where I got this feeling that I already celebrated my 26th birthday.

  • Third, I searched online the word “People Power Revolution” an event which took place in 1986 which marked the restoration of the county’s democracy and by history for our family marked my birth. I was 12 day-old newborn back then and I as told we’re inside the Camp Crame where my father was confined due to a gunshot during one of the ambushes. On February 2011 the country celebrated its 25th Anniversary which only means that I, too, have celebrated my 25th birthday. With this, I remember my life at the camp where we transferred after that revolution, when our house is located at the back of the police headquarters. I used to talk with and hang out with police officers in uniforms carrying guns. They never scared me until I realized they’re carrying deadly weapons but they’ve been my playmates back then. The police officers during those times called me “EDSA” instead of my own name.

Age confirmed!. I’m really 25 years old this year. I have nothing confused about.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Born to Rant

happy (34) Med life (29) hope (29) struggle (25) realization (24) bored (23) love (21) relationship (20) sad (20) friends (19) hate (19) pain (18) disappointment (17) pregnant (17) baby (16) empty (16) choice (15) lost (15) moving on (15) home (14) searching (14) plan (12) family (11) fear (11) fraternity (10) letter (10) tired (10) writing (10) Confuse (9) Failure (9) bum (9) freedom (9) frustration (9) missing you (9) work (9) blog (8) funny (8) letting go (8) prayer (8) time travel (8) travel (8) drawing (7) facebook (7) responsibility (7) silence (7) trust (7) unfaithful (7) Memory (6) Rain (6) belief (6) distracted (6) expectations (6) medicine (6) Lazy (5) Regret (5) U.P. Miag-ao (5) acceptance (5) becoming a doctor (5) crazy (5) food (5) Aklan (4) MD Mom (4) TOP TEN THINGS (4) alone (4) break-ups (4) destiny (4) misunderstood (4) success (4) truth (4) unfair (4) Gossip (3) birthday (3) coffee (3) dream (3) dreams (3) envy (3) mad (3) personality (3) pretend (3) promises (3) puzzle (3) regrets (3) 100 days to heaven (2) affair (2) annoyed (2) anotherday (2) christmas (2) contentment (2) death (2) forgiveness (2) friends zone (2) guilt (2) insomnia (2) laughter (2) lover (2) numb (2) phone calls (2) poem (2) positive (2) pursue (2) rant (2) Father's day (1) Leech (1) Mother (1) Vigan City (1) Working mom (1) age (1) breakfast (1) clerkship (1) color (1) driver (1) emoticon (1) friends with benefit (1) graduation (1) lesson (1) lie (1) make-up (1) monday madness (1) mondaymadness (1) monthsary (1) new year (1) office (1) pictorial (1) poker face (1) poor service (1) pressure (1) prophecy (1) puting elepante (1) rejection (1) ring (1) rubix cube (1) sacrifice (1) shopping (1) stay-at-home-mom (1) studio (1) summer (1) thanks (1) tide wave (1) yosi (1)