March 29, 2011

"Squeling Aside"



I am Cristy, from UPHSL Chapter Batch '08-A with batch-name "Forsan Miseros Meliora Sequentor".

I am a part of Beta Sigma Fraternity. "Malmonet" as they called me. I used to be proud and carried its name as my own. My actions and words were all guided by its principle.  I once thought to cultivate the seeds of love and uproot the weeds of hatred. I was advised  not to make actions that can lower our dignity.

I am not a member of Sigma Beta Sorority (just to make myself clear) but again, I am a part of Beta Sigma Fraternity--the "Beta Sigma Ladies Corps".

With my name, I am humiliated and neglected by some of the members. I once fought for our right but one day I woke up feeling tired. I feel numb, or perhaps I can't feel the members anymore. I leave behind the Fraternity pin that represents me and the proof that I am ready to sacrifice sweat and blood for its name.

I wrote:
Cristy May B. Espańola
College of Medicine
University of Perpetual Help-DJGTMU

December 14, 2009

Beta Sigma Fraternity and Beta Sigma Ladies Corps
University of Perpetual Help System of Laguna Chapter
Bińan, Laguna

Beta Sigma Fraternity and Beta Sigma Ladies Corps:

Good Day!

I, Cristy May B. Espanola, a member of Beta Sigma Ladies Corps, batch 2008-A (Forsan Miseros Meliora Sequentor) would like to inform everyone that I, of free will, planned to surrender all the Fraternity items that was given to me, and that I am no longer a member of Beta Sigma Fraternity and Beta Sigma Ladies Corps effectively today, December 14, 2009.

I am aware that turning my back away from all of you is degrading for I was trained not to quit no matter how hard the situation is. But if quitting will set my conscience free, then I will because I can no longer afford teaching an aspiring individual how to become a good Beta Sigman and  convincing them to join while I am aware of all our conflicts. Simply, I cannot give what I don't have.

I have nothing against with teachings and principles, it is indeed good and perhaps had given me reasons for behaving in many ways—I was motivated, inspired and thankful but it happens that my lights were gone and walking in darkness is so impossible.

Our differences is not an issue but making each other different is a big deal. I hate the fact that everyone of us seems to enjoy putting each other down instead of helping each other up...that instead of hitting each other with reality to wake him/her up we tend to hit each other for the sake of hitting. Cultivating the seeds of love, uprooting the weeds of hatred most especially among members were forgotten by all of us—a sad reality.

In addition, I  always believed that I was a failure in all my obligations, responsibilities, and duties for the fraternity—fair enough to dishonor me. And now that I can no longer feel and find essence of being a member of Beta Sigma Ladies Corps, allow me because if I’ll not quit today I’ll surely hate the fraternity sooner or later.

I am giving you assurance that all your teachings and principles will be kept and will remain a secret.

Thank you  very much... and more power to your Fraternity!!!


Sincerely Yours,
Cristy May Bautista Espańola
 This letter was rejected by the chapter since a lot of the member still believe in one of its adage that "once a Betan, is always a Betan".

The Betan spirit is with me all this time despite what happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Born to Rant

happy (34) Med life (29) hope (29) struggle (25) realization (24) bored (23) love (21) relationship (20) sad (20) friends (19) hate (19) pain (18) disappointment (17) pregnant (17) baby (16) empty (16) choice (15) lost (15) moving on (15) home (14) searching (14) plan (12) family (11) fear (11) fraternity (10) letter (10) tired (10) writing (10) Confuse (9) Failure (9) bum (9) freedom (9) frustration (9) missing you (9) work (9) blog (8) funny (8) letting go (8) prayer (8) time travel (8) travel (8) drawing (7) facebook (7) responsibility (7) silence (7) trust (7) unfaithful (7) Memory (6) Rain (6) belief (6) distracted (6) expectations (6) medicine (6) Lazy (5) Regret (5) U.P. Miag-ao (5) acceptance (5) becoming a doctor (5) crazy (5) food (5) Aklan (4) MD Mom (4) TOP TEN THINGS (4) alone (4) break-ups (4) destiny (4) misunderstood (4) success (4) truth (4) unfair (4) Gossip (3) birthday (3) coffee (3) dream (3) dreams (3) envy (3) mad (3) personality (3) pretend (3) promises (3) puzzle (3) regrets (3) 100 days to heaven (2) affair (2) annoyed (2) anotherday (2) christmas (2) contentment (2) death (2) forgiveness (2) friends zone (2) guilt (2) insomnia (2) laughter (2) lover (2) numb (2) phone calls (2) poem (2) positive (2) pursue (2) rant (2) Father's day (1) Leech (1) Mother (1) Vigan City (1) Working mom (1) age (1) breakfast (1) clerkship (1) color (1) driver (1) emoticon (1) friends with benefit (1) graduation (1) lesson (1) lie (1) make-up (1) monday madness (1) mondaymadness (1) monthsary (1) new year (1) office (1) pictorial (1) poker face (1) poor service (1) pressure (1) prophecy (1) puting elepante (1) rejection (1) ring (1) rubix cube (1) sacrifice (1) shopping (1) stay-at-home-mom (1) studio (1) summer (1) thanks (1) tide wave (1) yosi (1)