August 9, 2010

The Messenger

Today I am going to talk about how my bad my Monday went at the office. This is not the usual complaint of Monday-haters! I don’t even have the idea yet why a lot of employees hates the first day of the week. Mine went good until a new task was assigned. I was asked to proctor for a pre-employment exam of applicants. I felt disappointed on checking their papers but this kind of task is not new to me since I was one of the trusted students to check papers since my grade school up to my secondary. I was then assigned to conduct an initial interview. I had fun throwing questions and clarifying their submitted data although I can feel that I still have to gain more confident to be more effective. Sounds easy, right? Indeed it was.

Now the hardest on my part was to become a bearer of bad news. I received a lot of memorandum telling me they already found a better candidate or I scored low on the exam, so I know how it feels.  As much as I wanted to be pleasant, my obligation contradicts. I have to inform them that we can’t go further with their application. I feel bad but I have to be professional in dealing with such pressure. What I realized is that I need to loosen-up my affection next time because it is shaping me to distraction—I had a hard time concentrating on my other tasks after the experience. Felt bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Born to Rant

happy (34) Med life (29) hope (29) struggle (25) realization (24) bored (23) love (21) relationship (20) sad (20) friends (19) hate (19) pain (18) disappointment (17) pregnant (17) baby (16) empty (16) choice (15) lost (15) moving on (15) home (14) searching (14) plan (12) family (11) fear (11) fraternity (10) letter (10) tired (10) writing (10) Confuse (9) Failure (9) bum (9) freedom (9) frustration (9) missing you (9) work (9) blog (8) funny (8) letting go (8) prayer (8) time travel (8) travel (8) drawing (7) facebook (7) responsibility (7) silence (7) trust (7) unfaithful (7) Memory (6) Rain (6) belief (6) distracted (6) expectations (6) medicine (6) Lazy (5) Regret (5) U.P. Miag-ao (5) acceptance (5) becoming a doctor (5) crazy (5) food (5) Aklan (4) MD Mom (4) TOP TEN THINGS (4) alone (4) break-ups (4) destiny (4) misunderstood (4) success (4) truth (4) unfair (4) Gossip (3) birthday (3) coffee (3) dream (3) dreams (3) envy (3) mad (3) personality (3) pretend (3) promises (3) puzzle (3) regrets (3) 100 days to heaven (2) affair (2) annoyed (2) anotherday (2) christmas (2) contentment (2) death (2) forgiveness (2) friends zone (2) guilt (2) insomnia (2) laughter (2) lover (2) numb (2) phone calls (2) poem (2) positive (2) pursue (2) rant (2) Father's day (1) Leech (1) Mother (1) Vigan City (1) Working mom (1) age (1) breakfast (1) clerkship (1) color (1) driver (1) emoticon (1) friends with benefit (1) graduation (1) lesson (1) lie (1) make-up (1) monday madness (1) mondaymadness (1) monthsary (1) new year (1) office (1) pictorial (1) poker face (1) poor service (1) pressure (1) prophecy (1) puting elepante (1) rejection (1) ring (1) rubix cube (1) sacrifice (1) shopping (1) stay-at-home-mom (1) studio (1) summer (1) thanks (1) tide wave (1) yosi (1)